Wednesday 21 January 2009

How things are this week

I certainly feel very ambitious this week. I was wearing a Superman t-shirt yesterday and, considering how I felt, it was almost ironic. I really like action hero t-shirts actually, I think I might get some more if I have the chance. HMV might just be visited by me soon ;)

That being said; my confidence/arrogance (depending on how you see it) is penetrable, and I hate talking in code here, but I am not doing what I said I would do a month ago. But I will get back to being that way, very soon.

I've secured some more work experience, at a magazine called Bizarre, which is fantastic. I can't wait to go and work for them.

In other news, well I am personally really excited about Barack Obama. I've yet to find anyone as excited as I am actually haha. When he was swearing into Presidency, and saying his speech I was genuinely getting goosebumps.
Although I am not an ardent follower of politics, I wasn't a fan of Dubya, he seemed to leading Blair up a strange path. But in Barack I think the USA finally has someone with intelligence, respect, and someone who hasn't relied on his family connections to get elected. He has a lot to live up for, especially as he is the first African-American President, but I am sure he won't be the last.

I'm actually reading his book at the moment; I started a couple of weeks ago. He is a brilliant writer, and I hope when he has finished being the President he will return to writing. I hope I reflect on this blog in four years and smile, knowing that he has done a fantastic job.

That's all folks. I'm gonna help my brother with his work. P&L from MKB.

1 comment:

  1. More excited than me? Ok, I know it's not a competition but I nearly cried! Probably with relief come to think of it, but finally, he's here. It's really come true!

    ReplyDelete