Tuesday 14 July 2009

This might be the first blog I make to question spirituality..

Or it might not be.. we'll see.

So basically, the forefront of my mind has lately been been occupying the topic of sex.

SEX SEX SEX SEX.

Not in the whole, conventional woody way; but the emotions behind it.

I find the whole issue of sex, quite a complicated one. Although it is seemingly, the thing to do - I would never ever have sex with some random girl (subject to change when I become famous of course). I'd rather go without, than meet Jane Doe in a nightclub and bang her wotsits out. The thought is kind of.. odd. I attach way too many feelings towards sex, and unless I think there is a definite future with the girl, I wouldn't even think about going all the way with her.

I guess what also irks me about the whole one night thing is setting it up. I hate talking to women with the sole intention being to sleep with them. If I like a girl, I'll want to get to know her before we go down that road. If I don't particuarly like her, I'll stop talking to her.

To me this isn't a strange way of looking at life. It's by no means the way I was raised, but more on the way I grew up, and the influences I accepted in my teens. I would say when I was 17, and got into Buddhism, it did change how I felt - but I was still in a limbo stage in my mind about sex back then. Since then, I've settled on how I feel and have felt good about it ever since. But now.. I am starting to feel this is an old-school way of thinking. The amount of people I hear about in a "friends with benefits" type relationship is pretty high, and being a student, there's a new one night stand to hear about every night. My way of thinking is totally old school, and possibly quite reserved. Maybe I need to go wild, and only then can I really say what is the right path to take. I don't know. Maybe I'm just destined to be old school.

I don't judge, I don't even give people my view point - on the contrary, I think if you want to do something, you should fucking do it, and not be scared about being labelled or judged by those around you. But, at this stage in my life - do I want to have sex with strangers?

No thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment